Sunday 19 February 2012

An evaluation

Yesterday's church service was amazing!

It made me take a good look at myself... am I truly living for God or am I just a Sunday christian. Can people tell by the way I act and what I do that I am different from this world? When God's name is spoken in vain, do I stand up or, do I let it slide just one more time? Am I afraid to tell people that I am a believer? Is God only in parts of my life and not all of them? Do I continue to sin even when I know its wrong? Do I forgive as Christ forgave me? Am I too accepting of wrong that is going on around me? Is Christ the centre of my life?
An example the pastor used was acceptance of homosexuals posters being placed in the classrooms of young children. A question he asked is this: are we doing something about it?

 Romans 1:21-32 made me see that even in the Bible times they faced the same things that we face today.
 Matthew 6:14-15 reminded me that I must forgive.
As I was reading my devotions I came across Matthew 21: 12-13. Jesus didn't just stand there and let the wrong happen, he took action.  

 God calls us to share the good news and stand up for what is right, and stand on truth. To often I am afraid to say anything for fear that I will be persecuted for my beliefs. I don't trust God to do the speaking for me and rely on my own strength.Through reading more I have found great encouregement. I believe there are others who struggle with the same things I do and I hope this helps.

We were challenged to share Christ's love with others. He wants the lost and broken.






If you wonder if there is a God, look around you, nature shows there is a God. Go out on a clear night and look up in the skies. The beauty is breathtaking. If you think the Bible is just a book, then I challenge you to read it.