Friday 13 January 2012

In Memory



This past week our family has lost a dear friend,  Martha. A "prayer worrior" is what my mom calls her. She went to meet Jesus January 10th. I know we will miss her.

Martha had a cheer that radiated from her. Despite difficult circumstances she remained happy. She was one of the kindest, out spoken ladies I have ever met! She could talk and tell such interesting stories that time just didn't seem to matter. I have sat in her kitchen several times mesmorized by her stories and waiting for a batch of fresh cinnamon buns to come out of the oven. I can almost smell them now as I sit here and write. She made the best ones.

She was a real encourager. She wanted to see me succeed and become a nurse. She had joked and told me that one day she was going to need a nurse close by so I better get my degree.
Martha was really excited about mine and Stuart's future. The land that Stuart bought and built a place on is where she use to live. She was glad that someone was putting a home there. Before she died, she was given a tour and had wanted to come visit once we moved in.

There are so many memories I could continue writing. I know she is in a better place, for that I am greatful. One imprtant lesson she has taught me is to live your life by example.