Monday 2 January 2012

Starting Something New


This past year I have come across many different blogs and that have given me inspiration and encouragement. For some reason, others' real life stories of laughs and struggles help me to put perspective into my own life. I enjoy putting thoughts and moments on paper, only to throw them out a little while later because of the clutter. I figured blogging is a good substitute for the papers I never keep, a way to share and a way to encourage.

First a little about myself... I have been blessed with a wonderful family and fiance. A mom and dad, a twin brother, another bother just a little behind us, then two great little siblings. Last but not least the love of my life, Stuart who, Lord willing, I will soon be sharing a life with.
 I have started my bachelor of nursing and hope to become a nurse. I currently work as a health care aide and love helping people. I have a wide variety of interests which include everything from creating, designing, and building, to just plain doing! I love being outside, riding horse, cooking, gardening and so much more!

My goal is to live for God, be more thankful to those around me, (often I fall short and don't appreciate them as I should) use what God has given to me to serve others, and live each day like it were my last. A verse that has meant a lot to me is Hebrews 12:1. A verse my Grandpa lived by. Too many times I loose patience and forget that God is in control. It reminds me to stop, take a breath, and refocus on the task set before us.

Sarah